Vocabulary and Structure
1. Tom arrived at the office and discovered that he had _______ his door key.
2. The beautiful scene left a deep _______ on the foreign visitors.
3. The room is a little small; _______ it is so hot.
A. in addition
B. in addition to
4. I wish I ______ her address yesterday.
B. had known
C. would known
5. It ______ yesterday. The ground is still wet now.
A. must have rained
B. was raining
D. had rained
6. If you will do that， please take me into ________.
7. My pen has _______ ink.
A. run out of
B. a few
C. run away
D. no little
8. There are， of course， bad teachers as well as ________.
A. good one
B. some good
C. good ones
D. those good
9. “______ haste， the less speed” is good advice he often gives us.
B. The more
C. The morer
10. You do look _______. You are not at all like a person who has been ill in bed for years.
1.C 2.D 3.A 4.B 5.A 6.D 7.A 8.C 9.B 10.B
1. Some people like to eat apples. But some prefer bananas _______ apples.
2. I _______ here two years ago.
A. moved to
B. have moved
C. have moved to
3. He is _______ strong a man ________ he can lift ten stones like this one.
C. such a …that
D. so a …for
4. It _______ they who lent me the television.
5. A famous Canadian doctor expressed the value of hobbies by saying， “______ man is really happy without a hobby.”
6. _______ as he is， he can‘t understand the English film.
A. A student of English
B. Though a student of English
C. Student of English
D. Being a student of English
7. The old in the country _______ taken good care of.
8. Not a single mistake _______ in the test.
A. he made
B. did he make
C. he has made
D. made he
9. ______ my surprise， I got a high grade in this test.
C. To be
10. She never agree _______ you， did she?
1.A 2.D 3.B 4.A 5.C 6.C 7.D 8.B 9.B 10.B